9 Which is the competent authority to turn to in cases of disputes and other legal issues?

Outside of the scope of application of EU Regulation 2201/2003, international jurisdiction of Portuguese courts is governed by Articles 65 and 65A of the Code of Civil Procedure. For claims concerning the dissolution of the marriage and the division of property, the court of the place where the claimant has his/her domicile (“domicile” being the place where a person has his/her habitual residence, Art. 82 CC) or residence has local jurisdiction (Art. 75 Code of Civil Procedure).